Tahawus Cloudsplitters on line:
In November 2015, Len Gereau delivered his collection of 196 Tahawus Cloudsplitters, spanning the years from 1943 to the last Cloudsplitter printed in 1971, to the Northern New York Library Network in Canton, NY. Over the past several months they have graciously scanned every issue and the Cloudsplitters are now available online to all who have an interest.
If you can locate any of the following missing issues, please notify me so they can also be scanned: November 1960; January 1961; September, October, November 1962; January 1963; March, October 1965. Please use the following procedure to access the Tahawus Cloudsplitters. Best wishes! Enjoy your research.
1. Enter "nnyln.org" in the address bar to go to the website of the Northern New York Library Network.
2. Hover over "Digitization" in the top bar and CLICK on "New York Heritage" in the drop-down menu.
3. CLICK "Collections" in the top black bar.
4. There is an alphabet listing on the right. CLICK on "T".
5. CLICK on "Tahawus Cloudsplitter''.
6. CLICK "Browse the Tahawus Cloudsplitter Collection" in blue under the 2nd paragraph of "About this collection.”
7. CLICK on any Cloudsplitter. You now have options and tools:
- "Page Flip View" will allow you to turn the pages
- CLICK on each individual page on the listing on the right side of the page
- Enter a name or word in the SEARCH bar. Results will be highlighted in red. It's best to use last names. The search picks up all words.
- Use the + or - buttons to enlarge or reduce the size of the page. Click and drag the yellow box over the page to view the red box or various areas of the page.
- Experiment with the different buttons. There are many tools - too numerous to mention!